Passengers’ Insurance in Public Transportation
Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Health Insurance
Travel Health Insurance
Insurance of Pupils and Students
Health Insurance for Foreigners in Albania
- Individuals or companies who are licensed to offer public transportation services by the appropriate Albanian authorities, as the owners or operators of the transportation means, offer these services to insure their passengers in case of accident.
- A passenger is considered anyone traveling by the means of public transportation, regardless of whether they have purchased a ticket or not. People who are located in the territories designated as stations/stops/terminals for the means of transportation, near the means of transportation with the intention of traveling or who have just traveled with said means can also be considered passengers. Staff working inside the means of transportation is excluded.
- An accident is considered a sudden, unforeseen, violent and verifiable event that may occur during the operation of the means of transportation and results in the death or permanent incapacitation of the passenger.
- The Insurance Company S.C., in accordance with law No. 10076, dated 12.02.2009 “For the Mandatory Insurance in the Transport Sector” and other sub-legal acts in support of this law the general conditions of the policy and subject to the payment of the premium for this policy, covers the legal responsibilities of the policy holder for any accidents that may occur during the operation of the means of public transportation, that result in the death or permanent disability of the passenger.
- The Insurance Policy is issued for a period of one year and the coverage period is one year.
- The Policy enters in force at 24:00 of the date specified on the Policy as the start date. The policy expires at 24:00 of the date specified on the Policy as the termination date.
- The Insurer’s maximum indemnification liability in the event of an accident, for each passenger, is specified in the Insurance policy. The sum insured is equal to the maximum indemnification.
This insurance policy guarantees financial benefits for the Insured or the Beneficiary in the event of a covered accident.
The Insurance Company offers the following coverage:
- Personal Accidents Insurance.
- Group Personal Accidents Insurance.
- Health Insurance in and out of the country.
- Combined Accidents and Health Insurance.
- Group Personal Accidents Insurance at the workplace for miners.
- Accidents and Health Insurance for expatriates living in Albania.
- Health and Accidents Insurance for Students.
The Insurance Company offers you the maximum coverage voluntary health insurance, according to the coverage chart selected by you, by providing medical services to the most popular private clinics and institutions in Albania and other countries, according to customised schemes compiled according to the requirements of the Insured.
Coverage benefits from this health insurance cover hospitalisation coverage and in case of out-of-hospital treatment to the extent of 100%. Some of the services covered by this type of insurance include:
- Expenses for general practitioner and specialist doctor;
- X-ray diagnostic controls, CT scanners, MRI or PET scanners;
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy;
- Expenses for Preventive Care Check Up;
- Day surgery;
- Prescription medications specialist; Intensive Care, up to the maximum annual limit set in the Benefits Chart agreed between The Insurance Company and the Beneficiary at the time of the insurance.
- In the case of out-of-hospital treatment, this insurance covers pre-emptive care, visits to the general practitioner and specialist doctor, as well as medical expenses as recommended by the specialist doctor, according to the limits set out in the contract.
In addition to hospitalisation and out-of-hospital treatment, the X-ray diagnostic tests, CT scanners, MRI or PET scanners, day surgery, dental check-up and emergency dental surgery, pregnancy tracking, ophthalmology and repatriation are covered
- This insurance policy protects travellers from unexpected medical expenses while traveling outside of Albania.
- This Policy covers emergency medical expenses, in case of an acute or unexpected illness, or in case the insured is involved in an accident during their travels outside of Albania.
- Additionally, this Policy covers repatriation expenses in case of an illness or loss of life.
- Traveler’s Health Insurance coverage can vary from a minimal period of 7 days to a maximal period of 365 days, and the premiums vary according to the coverage period and the geographical covered areas.
This Policy covers:
- Medical Expenses: Expenses for first aid and hospitalisation as a result of an unexpected, unforeseen and acute condition which, without medical treatment within 48 hours would cause the death or severe health consequences for the Insured.
- Repatriation Expenses:
- The Insurer will pay for the expenses of a means of transportation or an Air Ambulance, or the use of a commercial airline necessary for the repatriation of the insured who is sick or seriously injured, as well as any qualified attendants deemed necessary by the doctor and approved by the insurer.
- Funeral expenses outside of Albania, and/or cost of transport of the Insured’s deceased body or ashes to the place of residence specified on the Policy, in case the death occurs during the coverage period.
- Repatriation expenses will be indemnified if the death has occurred as a result of an illness which fulfils the coverage conditions specified in the insurance Policy.
The Insurance Company offers voluntary health insurance, within cooperation with the main hospitals in Albania as well as overseas covers;
- Free full annual checkup.
- Surgery or hospitalisation.
- Free ambulance and coverage in case of accident.
- Lab and radiology tests throughout the year with a 50% discount.
Personal accidents insurance of pupils and student’s policy covers financial consequences caused by various accidents that may occur during activities at school or out of it and not only permanent disability or loss of life of the insured person but also emergency medical expenses in case of acute illness.
The health insurance for foreigners who visit Albania or work and live in Albania covers emergency medical expenses in case of acute illness, or even an accident happens while their stay in Albania including expenses for specialist doctors, anaesthetists, surgeons, operations and supporting materials, emergent transport, diagnostics and intensive care according to the limits defined on insurance policy.